Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone; I'm new to the Group and new to Hyundai's in general. I've just purchased a 2008 Tucson Diesel with 117,7790 on the clock - apparently it's been serviced very well, and I can only assume that the cam belt was changed at 60,000 where the entry in the service record is written as "Full Service". So as the dreaded 120,000 mile is next service (I'm a very competent mechanic anyway) I'll do the cam belt change myself (60k interval), as I always do; but reading through the service manual it states that the engine has to come out to replace water pump, done at the same time as the belt. Surely this is not the case, to remove the engine just to change a water pump/timing belt. I'm sure someone else on the Forum has changed their own timing belt.. Your thoughts please. Martin

·
Registered
13,011 Posts
reading through the service manual it states that the engine has to come out to replace water pump, done at the same time as the belt.
Surely this is not the case
Your right, that is not the case. And stop calling me Surely :)

Martin828 said:
Your thoughts please
I think you should go to youtube and type "D4EA 2.0 CRDi timing belt" into the search box and watch some videos of other folk doing the job, then you'll have an idea about what's involved.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts