Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sorry if I am not posting in the right spot or if there is already a posting for this. Car runs fine, the heater or a/c do not work, wipers do not work and headlights don't work, what can it be? Certain section of fuse box not getting power, all fuses are good.

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,451 Posts
Would check the fuse box to see which fuses have no power.
If they are those things which aren't working then check fuse box itself.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are about 10 to 12 fuses that were not getting power in the fuse box. I used a tester light and checked both sides of each fuse neither side got any power. This car does have three relays on the back of the fuse box under the dash. However, I can't find any information on what each relay there does.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I replaced the 1 blue relay that was on the back of the fuse box. ? Nothing. I ordered the two grey ones and have to wait for them to come in. I am not sure how to test the fuse box itself unfortunately. I do know that there are still a lot of fuses that are getting power. Just 10 to 12 that are not but the fuses look fine when I pull them out.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,597 Posts
Sounds to me more like you have a problem with the ignition switch. Since your messing at the back of the fusebox anyway you should check that there is 12V on the ignition input to the box. The ignition input is the thick orange wire on the connector shown below. There should be 12V on the orange wire when the ignition is switched on.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont believe I have what I need to test the volts on this. I did replace the relays and nothing.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did try to see if I can hold the switch back to get high beams on nothing. ?

·
Registered
14,597 Posts
I dont believe I have what I need to test the volts on this.
Use your test light.
Switch the ignition on then touch the test light to the orange wire and see it it lights up. It's no different to checking the fuses.

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,451 Posts
The engine supposedly runs fine.
Got to get a legend on the fuses to see what fuse does what.
Did you check the engine bay fuse box?
Maybe one of those larger fuses are blown?
Just guessing

·
Registered
14,597 Posts
It did light up
If there is power going in on the orange wire there should also be power on the headlamp, blower, and wiper fuses. Those are the fuses highlighted on the photo below. If there is no power being supplied to the fuses (with the ignition on) that means there must be a break in the circuit inside the fusebox, meaning you'd need to replace the box.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Those are not lighting up and there are some below those that arent and a couple on the bottom row as well. Okay so the only thing else that is bugging me is my daughter smacked a deer with the passenger side mirror. Broke the mirror off. This happened about a week or so beforehand. Could the wires from this mirror cause these issues?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I think it is time to take it in to get looked at. ? was hoping it was something I could do myself. Doesn't seem to be the case here. I guess I should take it in to the dealership and let them fix it. Thank you for your help. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
14,597 Posts
I guess I should take it in to the dealership and let them fix it.
Well, you could do that but I think it will cost you a small fortune to have the dealer fix it. I've no doubt they will insist on diagnosing the fault themselves even although you've already done it. And I'm sure they will want to sell you a brand new fusebox probably costing $200.

You should maybe just buy a used fusebox from ebay then take the car to your local independent garage and ask them to swap the fuseboxes over. They're labour rates will probably be much cheaper than a main dealer's. Or you could just swap them over yourself and save even more money. It kinda sounds like you've done most of the work already anyway.

2006~2011 Hyundai Accent Dash Fuse Box

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, I don't feel comfortable switching out a fuse box. Do you think maybe it could still be an ignition switch? Maybe, since I only had a test light it would still light up even if the volts were too low?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Those are not lighting up and there are some below those that arent and a couple on the bottom row as well. Okay so the only thing else that is bugging me is my daughter smacked a deer with the passenger side mirror. Broke the mirror off. This happened about a week or so beforehand. Could the wires from this mirror cause these issues?

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,451 Posts
Yeah, I don't feel comfortable switching out a fuse box. Do you think maybe it could still be an ignition switch? Maybe, since I only had a test light it would still light up even if the volts were too low?
Watch a couple of youtube videos and you should have a good idea of the job????
Maybe even be able to see what is wrong and repair it????

·
Registered
14,597 Posts
since I only had a test light it would still light up even if the volts were too low?
The only variable that might have an effect on the test light would be the load on the circuit. If the connector on the back of the fusebox was unplugged when you touched the test light to the orange wire there would be no load on the circuit because the orange wire is disconnected, so no current would be able to flow through it. Ideally you want to test circuits with everything connected so current can flow. But that shouldn't really be an issue if the headlamps, blower and wipers are all switched off when you touch the test light to the fuses. With everything switched off there shouldn't be any current flow in the circuit anyway.

All things being equal, if the test light illuminates on the orange wire at the back of the fusebox it should also illuminate on the fuses at the front. Even if the voltage was low, the light should still illuminate with the same intensity at both points. The fact that it doesn't tells you the problem is somewhere in the circuit between those two points, inside the fusebox. If the ignition switch was where the fault was the light wouldn't illuminate when touched to the orange wire at the back of the fusebox.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Took the car to Hyundai dealer. They said the ignition switch is bad. They want 750 plus taxes to fix.!!!?? How hard is this to do? This is my daughter's car and she cant afford that. Is it possible I could fix this myself? It is a 2008 hyundai accent GLS model.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts