Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2008 accent se
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys long story, car started bogging out and just died while riding on the street. Its starts back up and runs awesome until it gets warm again. It also won't start up on really hot days. Its had all of its recall updates last one being the T83 Software update. Had codes for MAP and TPS, swapped sensors including ICV. Problems persists, dealer said it could be CKPS, swap that, problem persists, checked connections, all good. Im about to swap coil packs and plugs, check gap, and CMPS. If that doesn't do it, im goin to put it in neutral and yet it into the bay. Unless someone's got some more ideas. So please if youve seen this issue before... help.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,871 Posts
If you have MAP & TPS codes I wouldn't bother swapping any other random parts. Focus on the area the codes are pointing you to.
Sounds to me like there is an issue with the correlation of the MAP and TPS signals. I assume you had range/performance codes logged?

The first thing I would do when the engine is cutting out/non start is disconnect the TPS sensor to see if that improves matters. If not, reconnect the TPS and disconnect the MAP and try again. That might give you a clue about which signal the ECU is unhappy with.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

1 - 2 of 2 Posts