Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Has anyone has issues with the bolts lining up with the threads on the santa fe?. I bought a curt hitch and only three of the holes line up. One of the sides looks a little bit more bent than the other side and I think that might have something to do with it.

·
Registered
479 Posts
As I recall other people have had problems with lining the holes up and I think they were curt hitches.......I might be wrong do a search on the forum for installing aftermarket hitches.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried looking for issues with curt hitches and didn't find anything. I also got this on amazon, for very cheap compared to other sites. I'm pretty sure the hitch is a little bent on the passenger side. I spoke to a guy at curt mfg and he said that it most likely got banged around in the box so they're sending me a new one. Hopefully when I get the new one it will fit perfectly and I won't have any issues.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I installed a Curt hitch on my 2007 and the holes lined up perfectly. So as long as the replacement doesn't get bent too, you should be good! (Bent frame on the vehicle is another story however...:eek:)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Loosen all the bolts then start with installing the bolt you have an issue with. Take a jack or egg crates to hold the hitch in place. I have a hidden hitch installed on my 08 Santa fe and did not have any issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts