Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My check engine light goes on and sometimes I start and the light does not go on. A friend with a computer checked it and the following codes appeared: P00175, P0300, P0116, P 0018. I purchased that vehicle over a year ago and it had 149K kilometers. I was told that the timing chain could have been changed for a jobber one and there might be just a few millimeters difference with the genuine part. I love the van and want to keep it for a long time.
J-P

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,318 Posts
I was told that the timing chain could have been changed for a jobber one and there might be just a few millimeters difference with the genuine part.
If the timing was off a little because the chain was the wrong length, wouldn't that effect both banks of the engine since the cams on both banks are driven by the same chain?

The crank/cam correlation code you have points to a problem on Bank2 of the engine. My guess is a similar code would be logged for Bank1 if the chain itself was the problem. So maybe the chain just wasn't installed properly on the Bank2 cam sprockets, or perhaps there is some other issue with the timing control system on Bank2.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
If the timing was off a little because the chain was the wrong length, wouldn't that effect both banks of the engine since the cams on both banks are driven by the same chain?

The crank/cam correlation code you have points to a problem on Bank2 of the engine. My guess is a similar code would be logged for Bank1 if the chain itself was the problem. So maybe the chain just wasn't installed properly on the Bank2 cam sprockets, or perhaps there is some other issue with the timing control system on Bank2.

2 chain, same part,, 1 ruun Bank 1,, other run Bank 2.. pics at home

·
Registered
17,552 Posts

Typical LAMBDA V6 in USA

Attachments

Reactions: FuelSolGood

·
Registered
9 Posts
I took my 07 to the Hyundai dealer for a P0018 a few days ago. It has 50 miles on the timing chain, tensioners and a complete engine rebuild. Also I put in 2 new Hyundai VVT control valves, crank sensor, & both cam sensors, knock sensors, NGK iridium plugs, water pump, oil pump. It had the code before I had it put in too. I think all else it could be is the phasers or a computer error.
I'll let ya know how it turns out.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Sludge motor will give fits with cam time codes... been there,, finally got mad and pulled cam cover,, major mud,, took pics, put cover back on and told fella have a nice day,, nothing more I can do.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,318 Posts
May want to sit down before looking at this. :grin2:
I'm just glad I'm never gonna need to fix one when it breaks. I'll leave stripping the engines to the grease monkeys while I'll go strip some wires and get paid more for it :laugh:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts