Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this car used and ever since I got it I've had issues with the trunk not opening.

The remote and the driveside button won't work at all and have never worked (but I do hear an electrical "click" at the fuses). I've checked and replaced the fuses, and everything is fine there. Meanwhile, the key/keyhole seems to have damage related issues (the keyhole is "bent" inwards slightly), and only works like 0.001% of the time, to the point I don't even try most days (I've got it to work like 3 times in 2 years).

I don't know if my car has a valet mode, I checked in the glove box to no prevail and I have tried the trick of getting into the trunk through the seats by flipping the lever hidden under the baby seat latch but I can't seem to trigger the lever. I've tried cycling the car on and off as some said online, as well as to locked and unlocked, neither worked.

I just want to use my trunk again, I have a family here now and I don't have room to use the seats for groceries anymore. It's frustrating and demoralizing that I can't find any glimmer of a solution.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have you gotten anywhere with your trunk issues? It could be a broken wire in the harness where the trunk hinge is that bends everytime the trunk is open and closed. I know there is a release handle for the seats to fold located in the trunk but have never seen a lever accessible from under the latch system?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought this car used and ever since I got it I've had issues with the trunk not opening.

The remote and the driveside button won't work at all and have never worked (but I do hear an electrical "click" at the fuses). I've checked and replaced the fuses, and everything is fine there. Meanwhile, the key/keyhole seems to have damage related issues (the keyhole is "bent" inwards slightly), and only works like 0.001% of the time, to the point I don't even try most days (I've got it to work like 3 times in 2 years).

I don't know if my car has a valet mode, I checked in the glove box to no prevail and I have tried the trick of getting into the trunk through the seats by flipping the lever hidden under the baby seat latch but I can't seem to trigger the lever. I've tried cycling the car on and off as some said online, as well as to locked and unlocked, neither worked.

I just want to use my trunk again, I have a family here now and I don't have room to use the seats for groceries anymore. It's frustrating and demoralizing that I can't find any glimmer of a solution.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts