Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Greetings from Maryland. I have a 2008 Elantra Gls the began slow starting and now wont start at all. I have replaced both the crank and cam shaft sensons. It gettin zero spark. Timing belt is fine. Any suggestions? If its not the coil pack, sparkplugs or wires what else could it be? Anyone else have this issue with theirs? Thanks for your imput.
Karen

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,318 Posts
When you switch the ignition on is engine warning light illuminating?

You have confirmed there is no spark. Now you need to check whether the fuel pump is being switched on DURING CRANK.
If you have no spark and the fuel pump isn't being switched on, that "usually" means the engine computer isn't seeing the crank sensor signal.
You've already replaced the sensor but did you check the sensor power supply & ground?

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,582 Posts
Hello! Greetings from Maryland. I have a 2008 Elantra Gls the began slow starting and now wont start at all. I have replaced both the crank and cam shaft sensons. It gettin zero spark. Timing belt is fine. Any suggestions? If its not the coil pack, sparkplugs or wires what else could it be? Anyone else have this issue with theirs? Thanks for your imput.
Karen
I understand you replaced the crank and cam sensor
But how do you know the timing belt is fine?
Not that it matters since there is no spark.
Is there any fuel pump prime when the key is turned to the on position?
Can you check for injector pulse?
Can you do a compression test?

Need more tests to find out the actual issue

1 - 3 of 3 Posts