Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 08 elantra. in my console is a cigarette lighter, and a power plug. between them is the aux jack which is going bad. i went to the dealership to get a new one. after trying the 3 available, none of them work. all i get is static. one of them was identical to the one i have, but still does not work. my old one still works but sometimes you have to play with it because it cuts in and out. i have verified that it is not the cord. i just want to play music from my phone or other mp3 player. the correct unit has only an aux hole and that's all. it has 12 pins.

can anyone recommend viable options or tell me why the new parts from hyundai don't work?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
since resigned myself to dealing with it by using the old part. after re installing it, i haven't had any problems. it's scary because i find myself waiting for it to start messing up again. silently rejoicing that it's working right now. still seeking possible solutions and alternatives though...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've seen a lot of of comments online about the aux and the radio acting up and the radio needing to be reset by either pulling the fuse (labelled 'multimedia' in the panel on the driver side dash) or by pushing a paperclip into a small reset hole next to the CD slot

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Verify actual concern by stopping into Hyundai dealer service aisle and ask fella to plug in Hyundai Media Tester.. takes all of 1 minute to plug in and test..

Could a device and or adapter cord fault running you around in circles

1 - 4 of 4 Posts