Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guess what.....

I noticed two dash cracks appearing at the same time on the passenger side of my dash yesterday.

These aren't related to the airbag.

I thought I got off scot free since the car has always been parked in a car port shielded from the direct sun, but nope!

Ordered a good quality dash pad this morning.

Has anyone gotten more than 6 years out of their dash before it started cracking?

Bummer!!!

2008 Limited Edition

:(

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Got picture of dash cracking ?

Be aware that added material to top of dash is extra material/ obstacle that the PAB has to overcome when inflating...

·
Registered
99 Posts
My '06 had the airbag related cracking back in '08. Replaced under warranty. No cracking since, and it sits outside in the Texas and Louisiana heat constantly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
2006 azera...2 cracks ..one on either side of the airbag. Paid for a new dash pad ...$600.00
had the mechanic cut the old dash pad on either side of the 2 cracks..sent it back
to Hyundai Canada. Told them it was NOT a warranty problem but a DESIGN FLAW
Got in touch with a senior member of Hyundai Canada,,..he argued my case as I intend to
buy a new Genesis and they refunded my $600..00 It does pay to use one dealer
for all service and parts I think? Dash pads don't Crack in 2013,,that is nonsense .
Hyundai Canada customer service is useless..and even the dealer told me that.You need
to go higher up the food chain

·
Senior Menmber
2,134 Posts
No crack yet on my 2008, but I am eagerly :rolleyes: waiting for it to happen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts