Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie question (sorry). My daughter's new used 2008 Tucson with 40K miles has the check engine light on. No owners manual so what does it mean?
Thanks in advance! :liebe011:

·
Registered
290 Posts
QUOTE (bgreig2 @ May 19 2010, 08:27 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=324467
Newbie question (sorry). My daughter's new used 2008 Tucson with 40K miles has the check engine light on. No owners manual so what does it mean?
Thanks in advance! :liebe011:
The computer that controls most engine and transmission function has detected an error, which generates an error code stored in memory and activates the CEL. A diagnostic scantool has to be connected to the car to read the error code or codes that have been generated. A 2008 Tucson with this many miles should still be under warranty. I would take the car to a Hyundai dealership.

Here is a link to the owner's manual: http://www.hmaservice.com/files/407/5001922/A2EO-EU81E.pdf

·
Registered
17,552 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently experienced a problem with my Hyundai Tucson V6 2.7L, the Check Engine light would come on periodically for 3 days, and then would automatically turn off for about 4 weeks and then out of the blue would come back on. The Engine was running fine, everything was running normal with the exception of the Check Engine Light coming on.

I began to notice my Fuel consumption was getting less and less, meaning I was able to get about 410-415Km on a single tank and then it would be down to 400Km and then it reached to 380Km per tank. Clearly, something was indeed wrong, as this was far too low for a small V6...

So I brought the Truck to the dealership and they connected it to the computer and what do you know, it was a faulty O2 Sensor (Oxygen Sensor). Hyundai replaced it free of charge and it cost me (nothing, but 1 hour of my time just waiting, which was fine). I then noticed the engine performance was much quieter, even on Highway speeds and after having it for a month since replacing the O2 Sensor, my fuel consumption is now holding between 450Km to 510Km on a single tank. This could be a problem with yours and I hope this was helpful!

Good Luck...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts