Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else's paint fading on the spoiler? The entire car still looks brand new except for the spoiler. Started with on spot then slowly gets worse and worse.

·
Registered
821 Posts
ya i have an 07 and the whole thing looks 100x more faded than the rest of the car, and it looks like it's cracked and scratched up, plastidip is a good idea to fix it

·
Registered
24 Posts
ya i have an 07 and the whole thing looks 100x more faded than the rest of the car, and it looks like it's cracked and scratched up, plastidip is a good idea to fix it
I have this exact problem on my 2005 Accent GT spoiler. I don't know much about cars, or why it's happening. I just figured it was a cheap material :(

·
3,735 Posts
Probably the same problem that happened with the paint on my door handles. Despite top-notch paint care practices, after about the 5 year mark the top of the door handles had a cloudy / faded appearance. Not a lot you can do except a repaint I suppose...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Is anyone else's paint fading on the spoiler? The entire car still looks brand new except for the spoiler. Started with on spot then slowly gets worse and worse.
It's not the paint but the clear coat. The spoiler on mine (black 2010 accent GS hatchback) is dull and faded looking and no longer matches to sheen of the roof. I'm thinking of removing it, buying a can of clear coat off e-bay or somewhere and spraying it down. Anyone tried this?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts