Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you for any information you would provide.

THE PROBLEM: Driving to work approx. 40 miles, using the cruse control most of the way (75 MPH), then park and let the car cool, then drive the same route home, same speed...and then the check engine lite comes on about 1/2 way home.

When I pull the scan codes there are 4 of them all related to the same thing
P0325 pending
P0330 pending
P0325 confirmed
P0330 confirmed
These codes all relate to both knock sensors Bank1 and Bank2. When I clear the codes and drive around town 25-40 MPH everything is good. When I start cold or operate hot all is good at slow speeds (no cruse). However, when back on the road as stated above, MIL trips on? It's really weird. These sensors are buried way down below the intake manifold and I am reluctant to just start ripping the car apart for a code that shows BOTH knock sensors are transmitting Knocks, both at the same time?

I've tried several sources and can't find a picture of the knock sensors harness location, to take resistance measurements. If anyone could help with that picture it would be very much appreciated.

I hear no Knock or unusual noises. The car runs smooth from the starting up and through the range of RPMs. I did change fuel to the highest Octane available there was no difference.

The car has 93k and has been, for the most part, trouble free.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Thank you for any information you would provide.

THE PROBLEM: Driving to work approx. 40 miles, using the cruse control most of the way (75 MPH), then park and let the car cool, then drive the same route home, same speed...and then the check engine lite comes on about 1/2 way home.

When I pull the scan codes there are 4 of them all related to the same thing
P0325 pending
P0330 pending
P0325 confirmed
P0330 confirmed
These codes all relate to both knock sensors Bank1 and Bank2. When I clear the codes and drive around town 25-40 MPH everything is good. When I start cold or operate hot all is good at slow speeds (no cruse). However, when back on the road as stated above, MIL trips on? It's really weird. These sensors are buried way down below the intake manifold and I am reluctant to just start ripping the car apart for a code that shows BOTH knock sensors are transmitting Knocks, both at the same time?

I've tried several sources and can't find a picture of the knock sensors harness location, to take resistance measurements. If anyone could help with that picture it would be very much appreciated.

I hear no Knock or unusual noises. The car runs smooth from the starting up and through the range of RPMs. I did change fuel to the highest Octane available there was no difference.

The car has 93k and has been, for the most part, trouble free.
DTC P0325/P0330 indo and Knock Sensor Connector location diagrams attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the photos, schematic, and Physical location of the sensor harnesses. Now I will take my multimeter and see what I can see. It would be nice if you would provide the nominal resistance (if listed in your FSM) of the sensor when disconnected as shown in the connector picture. Also, the nominal voltage generated by the piezo devices. I'm hoping the fault isn't the physical sensor since they are located deep below surge tank and the intake manifold.

Thanks again,
John

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
I want to say knock sensors is Piezo,, I dont think you will find a resistance value,, they make voltage with knock detected

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Thank you for the photos, schematic, and Physical location of the sensor harnesses. Now I will take my multimeter and see what I can see. It would be nice if you would provide the nominal resistance (if listed in your FSM) of the sensor when disconnected as shown in the connector picture. Also, the nominal voltage generated by the piezo devices. I'm hoping the fault isn't the physical sensor since they are located deep below surge tank and the intake manifold.

Thanks again,
John
The Service Manual dose not provide any nominal resistance/voltage for the knock sensor. Check the wire harness between the sensor connector and the PCM connector per the attached procedures.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts