Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I own a 2007 Veracruz with 105k miles on it. It has an odd problem where when I am going exactly 40mph at around 1,500 RPM's I experience a shudder or vibration throughout the car. The best way to describe it is imagine you are driving on a slightly rough patch of road or over a cattle grate but in all actuality the road is smooth. The issue does not happen until you get to 40mph at 1,500 RPM and the minute you go any faster it also goes away. I really want to fix it and keep this car going strong. I was not sure what this problem was at first and tried quite a bit of diagnosing myself to no avail.

Here is what I have done:

1. Cleaned MAF sensor & replaced engine air filter.
  2. Put some fuel additives into the tank to clean out any carbon build up (I normally buy decent fuel, but it was worth a shot). Also, had the carbon cleaned out professionally at a Hyundai dealership about 2 years ago.
  3. Had a full inspection and preventative maintenance service at a Hyundai dealership.
  4. I have access to a OBD2 scanner and so I recorded data while driving and during the issue, but I cannot discern what is wrong.

After doing some more research I am starting to think it is Automatic Transmission Shudder as described here: 5 Steps for Diagnosing Automatic Transmission Shudder

Does anyone have experience with this? A search on Google shows that this isn't the first time this has been discussed in some sort of way, but it sounds like most issues are oxygen sensor or MAF related. I can't seem to figure out if mine is the transmission or a sensor.

Would a full transmission fluid flush hurt at this point? It has not been done because Hyundai claims the ATF is a life-time fluid; however, we all know it begins to degrade after 100k miles.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I still feel like this is a transmission related issue and I am hoping that I don't need new clutch pads. This problem is still somewhat isolated and perhaps a transmission flush will take care of it... Is there any reason why I shouldn't flush my transmission at this point? I know its supposedly a "life time fluid" but I have 105k miles and drive frequently. The local Hyundai dealership is hesitant to give me any pointers here.

I'd appreciate any advise or direction on this. Also, can any Hyundai mechanics here let me know of a decent resource with schematics and plans for doing maintenance and repairs on the 2007 Veracruz? I can't seem to find anything detailed online and the links on this forum seem long dead. YouTube videos are hit or miss depending on what the issue is and there doesn't seem to be any complete tear down with much detailed info.

Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
23 Posts
I know that there is a PCM software update available that supposedly helps to resolve some transmission related issues. Search for the corresponding TSBs.

Forget about the "lifetime fluid". You do not need a flush, ask the mechanic you trust to do a drain and refill. Buy genuine Hyundai ATF (specific for Veracruz) and bring it with you, or ask mechanic to get it for you.

Freely available online resources for Veracruz are scarce. You need to buy a repair manual or register at http://www.alldatadiy.com/.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks for the information! How would I know if my car needs a software update? Is there any way to check what is the current version I am on using a basic OBD2 diagnostic tool? Also, how would I get the software update--does the Hyundai dealership need to do that?

I did check the TSB's and see this relatively recent one: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2016/SB-10082455-0699.pdf

Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
10 Posts
I noticed the same thing with my Veracruz, driving @ 40MPH and at 1500 RPM shakes. Drive above then it's fine.
Scott, did you figure out your problem?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts