Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a weird problem here and I have no idea if the two are related...

My wife has a 2007 Tucson (2l or whatever the smallest is, 2wd). A few months ago it started just randomly shutting off while driving, would restart after a try or two. Had all the markings of a bad CPS, so we had that replaced with an OEM part. It started shutting off on its own again. So we were told perhaps fuel pump, so we replaced that. It has shut down once since, in probably 8 starts since replacing it, so we are not sure if it is corrected.

Today we were driving and the CEL came on, we were about a min from AutoZone, so we went in and had them read it.

The codes are ALL over the place. I'm wondering if anyone knows what may be the cause (perhaps they share somethign common), could it be related to the issue above, and, lastly, why in the world would the CEL come on now instead of earlier.

I don't have enough posts to upload Photos or Links to the thread, so the OBD results are transcribed below, they were in this order on the scanner.

C1611 CAN Time-Out EMS / ECM (ABS $28)
C1612 CAN Time-Out TCM / TCU (ABS $28)
C1503 TCS / ESC (ESP) Switch Error (ABS $28)
C1513 Brake Switch Error (ABS $28)
P0560 System Voltage Malfunction (CURRENT) (ECM $11)
P0170 Fuel Trim (Bank 1) (CURRENT) (ECM $11)
P0171 Bank 1 System Too Lean (CURRENT) (ECM $11)
P0170 Fuel Trim (Bank 1) (CONFIRMED) (Mod $00)
P0170 Fuel Trim (Bank 1) (PENDING) (Mod $00)
P0171 Bank 1 System Too Lean (PENDING) (Mod $00)

Thanks for any help you all can give!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Autospark,

I'll take a look in the fusebox. Of the three links you mentioned, only one might be similar in nature. I don't usually have a problem starting. It's only that it randomly shuts down while driving (the CEL just started now). I will report back tomorrow most likely.

Thanks!

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
0560 says it all,,, If I have to venture a guess,, I think I have seen this before,, dont remember though...

Voltage on the line to or through main relay is low enough the PCM knows it and sets of MIL..

I want to say to peel the bottom off the engine room junction block, and look at wiring associated with main relay at underside of the block,, the 1 or 2 I have seen had a cut wire with rot that blocked/restricted flow of electric..

If I recall, there is a fuse downstream from relay that you can probe with DVOM and see what the voltage is up to the fuse, if I recall, mine was missing a few volts.. PCM will not power up if voltage is less than 10.5V to PCM.. it'll shut down..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi SBR,

thanks for your response. i'll take this info to someone i know in regards to testing the voltage. it's way out of my skill level.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts