Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Tucson started leaking power steering fluid on the passenger side hose right where it makes a 90 degree bend to go over to the rack. How do I identify the hose to order a replacement? Autozone list 4 different hoses with a brief message to identify it. The first hose listed says: Pump to rack Replaces both upper and lower hose or tube. The second hose listed : Tube to rack. The third hose: From pump. And finally the last just states: With pressure hose. Is there a good diagram somewhere that I can reference the layout of the hoses and possibly a Hyundai part number that goes along with them?

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
My Tucson started leaking power steering fluid on the passenger side hose right where it makes a 90 degree bend to go over to the rack. How do I identify the hose to order a replacement? Autozone list 4 different hoses with a brief message to identify it. The first hose listed says: Pump to rack Replaces both upper and lower hose or tube. The second hose listed : Tube to rack. The third hose: From pump. And finally the last just states: With pressure hose. Is there a good diagram somewhere that I can reference the layout of the hoses and possibly a Hyundai part number that goes along with them?
Try this link : https://www.partshyundai.com/auto-p...6-gas-engine/steering-cat/pump-and-hoses-scat

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,
I could not find any information on which high pressure hose I needed or any youtube instructions on how to change out the hose. The place I took the car to charged $505.20 to replace the hose. $276 for the hose $180 for labor $15 for shop supplies. Feeling a bit ripped off. I called the dealer and could buy the high pressure hose myself for $111.00.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
High pressure line from pump to spool typically come as large assembly.. 279 retail sound about right fot OE line,, PIA to replace,, AWD is even worse

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@wongpfh Thanks for the link to the parts diagram. I would have posted sooner but being a new member I had to wait because of the posting rules.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts