Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, recently i purchased this car for my daughter’s first car and about a week later the brake lights don’t work.
2007 tucson, awd, limited.

I replaced the brake light switch(under dash), and i believe i checked the correct fuses, yet still the problem
Persists.

I went to replace the bulbs today, but they seem fine. The bulbs have two filaments, and one is working great(running lights), but nothing happens when the brakes are depressed. Bulbs appear to be in very good condition.

The third light(upper) works fine.

Any ideas on how to remedy are much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,269 Posts
The upper brake light working tells you the fuse and switch are good. Bulbs would seem the most likely cause of the problem. I'd certainly advise replacing a couple of cheap bulbs before getting involved in any more complicated diagnosis of the problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, yeah i’ll swap all 4 bulbs. I did notice there is a recall on the unit...i’ll call the dealership tomorrow and see if this has already been fixed in recall or not.

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,574 Posts
2007? Old enough to have corrosion on the sockets
Make sure car and lights are off
Then go about cleaning the socket
Remember that not all corrosion is visible
Then try again to see if they work

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well it ended up being both taillight bulbs were just burnt out:) i assumes that since both were out, that it must be something else. Oh well:) thanks for the help everyone.
Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts