Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

I am trying to repair the power window on the rear right side of my 2007 sonata se. It has come off the tracks and so it slides down. I've removed the door panel, unlocked all the screws, removed the motor and done everything. However I am not able to remove the panel which takes out the entire assembly.

This is because I am not able to remove the glass off the regulator assembly where it is fastened. I removed the permatex screw and have tried pulling the glass out of the regulator aseembly, but i am not able to pull it out. After all the effort I've made I really want to get this final part done. Can someone please help me out :)

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
I believe the glass should just slide out if you unscrew the clamps that hold it to the regulator. There were two of these on the front window when I did it, and fairly impossible to get to without tearing out the entire regulator panel. Thats what I was replacing though, anyway.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Remove the single screw.. now take light and look at where you removed screw from...

Notice the rectangle shape slot iin the plastic with screw hole in middle..

Use a big flat blade screwdriver that fills the slot, and gently push into the slot while lifting glass upward, or have assistant lift glass.

·
Registered
41 Posts
SBR711. I'm stuck with the same issue. Any other ideas?
I'm not sure if I found the rectangle you're talking about...
I've tried using a large screwdriver to hold the regulator assembly in place and tried pulling up on the glass but that seems to be stuck. It doesn't get off of the assembly.

Regards,
Rick

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
SBR711. I'm stuck with the same issue. Any other ideas?
I'm not sure if I found the rectangle you're talking about...
I've tried using a large screwdriver to hold the regulator assembly in place and tried pulling up on the glass but that seems to be stuck. It doesn't get off of the assembly.

Regards,
Rick
Glass replacement info attached

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Remove the single screw.. now take light and look at where you removed screw from...

Notice the rectangle shape slot iin the plastic with screw hole in middle..

Use a big flat blade screwdriver that fills the slot, and gently push into the slot while lifting glass upward, or have assistant lift glass.
THIS^^^ flat head rectangle screw driver right where the bolt was that you unscrewed will remove the window from the regulator. Then you can remove the regulator and window freely apart.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,776 Posts
The REAR drop glass is held onto the window regulator by a plastic clamp. There is a bushing on the inside half of the clamp that passes through a hole at the bottom of the glass. There is a screw passing through the centre of the bush that holds both halves of the clamp together.

To remove the drop glass you need to remove the clamp securing screw. The glass will still be held in place by the plastic bush so you need to open the clamp wide enough to get the bush out of the glass. If you look into the hole where you removed the screw from you should see a horizontal slot on the outside half of the clamp...photo below. You open the clamp by inserting a flat blade screwdriver into the slot and gently push the driver towards the inside of the door. While your doing that, have a helper gently lift the top of the glass. When the clamp is open wide enough for the bush to come out of the hole on the glass, the glass should lift up in it's run channels. Lift the glass to the fully up position and secure it with straps of masking tape passed over the top of the door frame.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thank you all for your replies but still no luck. I've tried inserting a flat head screwdriver and pushing into the hole left from where the bolt was but nothing happens. I've been following the original service manual but there's no mention of this step in there. Picture attached from the hole. Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thank you all for your replies but still no luck. I've tried inserting a flat head screwdriver and pushing into the hole left from where the bolt was but nothing happens. I've been following the original service manual but there's no mention of this step in there. Picture attached from the hole. Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Well atleast we are here to tell you that you are doing the right thing by using the flat head screw driver in the hole. While you're pushing the screw driver in u should pull the window up and that should help. Mine was stuck and no matter how much i pulled on the window while releasing it through the hole it wouldnt come out. You seem to have the same problem.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Gonzalgi21 Thanks for your answer! It sucks that you went through the same. Fortunately I was just able to get around it. I ended up removing the stereo piece from the door and that allowed me to have access behind the glass. I wrapped a screwdriver in tape and inserted it in between the glass and the base from the back and at the same time pushed up on the glass from the same stereo hole. Thanks again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts