Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I'm working on installing my stereo in my 2007 sonata. All I need to do now is get the power cable for the amplifier through the firewall somehow. I've been looking for quite a while and can't seem to find anything too helpful. Would there be anyway to replace the stock amplifier (premium audio system) with mine? I don't want to run the speakers through the amp as they get loud enough for my tastes as it is. I just want to push the sub. Is there already an opening somewhere in the firewall that I'm not seeing? Or is there somewhere in the trunk I could just drop the cable and run it under the body?

·
Registered
20 Posts
drill a hole in the fire wall , i drilled mine just above the break pedal where there is this single wire going through it, on the other side in the engine bay there is a little plasticy,rubber peice that tiy can bend aside to acess it., then comes the fun part, you will have to pull all the plactic molding off from the bottom kick panel ,the side bottom rail, the seatbelt molding ,the lower rail molding, the rear seat has to come all the way out, then you can start running wire starting from the firewall, runn it under the carpet,along the side rail,under the plastic rail peice you will find another plastic peice that you can open,(carefully not to break the tabs, then run the wire through that (make sure all the wires will fit( i know it does cuase im running 4 ga wire for my amp,then you will have to coax it under the seatbelt molding , all of this will be under the carpet running right along ther bottom rail. and finally into the trunk,oh the seats use a 10mm socket if i remeber correctly, pull the bottom one first. make sure to run your remote wire(usually blue or blue with a white stripe) from the deck i usually use a 12 ga wire for this and run that along with your power wire, DONT do what i did and forget, and have to run it underneath the middle console. also make sure that your ground wire is no longer than 10 inches,and is the same size as the power wire, i used one of the screws that bolts down the top part of the middle seat for a ground,works perfectly. well thats pretty much it mang, im not sure how much it will differ in your year bu i have a 01, not much has really changed as far as i know. good luck and have fun! btw took me 5 and half hours to install everything. you shouldnt need to replace the stock amp, all you would need is to get a wiring harness, and connect that to yout new head unit, if you need one there is a amp bypass connector, but you should be just fine with addign a new deck with a the proper harness

1 - 2 of 2 Posts