Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about getting this aftermarket unit. It looks like a direct replacement and will utilize the existing steering wheel controls. Anyone have experience with this unit? It's by autodvdgps and it costs $449 + shipping.

http://www.autodvdgps.com/hyundai-sonata-2...trol-p-339.html

Would like to get this for my wife's car.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
QUOTE (leojeng @ May 6 2010, 09:25 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=320434
I'm thinking about getting this aftermarket unit. It looks like a direct replacement and will utilize the existing steering wheel controls. Anyone have experience with this unit? It's by autodvdgps and it costs $449 + shipping.

http://www.autodvdgps.com/hyundai-sonata-2...trol-p-339.html

Would like to get this for my wife's car.
Yes, I purchased it about two weeks ago. It works well so far. but if the monitor was 8 inch, it would be perfect. This one is just 6.2 inch.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm wondering if anyone can help me sort out a steering wheel control issue. I have a 2006 sonata and I just recently installed one of those off-brand Chinese DVD/gps/bluetooth/iPod control units that claims to have steering wheel control capabilities. I tried hooking the wires for the steering wheel control to the matching wires in the wire-loom from the car according to what HMASERVICE.COM says are the steering wheel control wires but it's not working.
The wires coming off the head unit are pink and green so I mated them to the factory wires exaclty as such because they were the same color. Anyone with similar equipment get the steering wheel controls working? I see some posts regarding a Santa fe with a Chinese head unit like mine working fine but they all seem to be plug and play because euro model hyndaj uses an ISO plug for the factory wire loom, US versions use a ford plug so I had to use a scoshe wire harness to adapt from the factory to he new head unit.

Anyone? Bueller?...Bueller???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts