Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, first post..

I have a 2007 hyundai sante fe. The stereo does not have an auxiliary input, but it will play mp3 cds and has xm radio integrated. I would like to add some type of auxiliary input to the stereo, but I don't know if there are any rca inputs on the back of the head unit. I currently do not use xm radio and have no intention to. It could be replaced with auxiliary input if that is possible. Before I start attacking the dash trim on my car, I would like to know if anyone knows for certain if my stereo contains said inputs. I apologize if this has been asked, but I cannot seem to find a definitive answer through my online searches.

Thanks so much in advance for any input.

thefunnyman

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
No such luck. My resolution to the problem was to add an Audiovox FM-100A. This device wires inline with the antenna lead and "injects" an FM signal at a selectable frequency. Since it cuts out antenna reception when enabled, you don't get the interference problems from local stations like you do with a typical little FM modulator that tries to transmit through the air to your FM antenna. It comes with RCA, but I went with the cut-and-solder approach so I had 1/8" stereo instead.

http://www.amazon.com/Audiovox-FM100A-Modu...r/dp/B0001KO7UI

I installed the switch right between the seat heater switches in the blank panel plug. Looks like it belongs there. Took the audio up to the inside of the center console since that's where my "devices" were going to reside, but you could put it wherever you want, or just leave it all wired behind the dash.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had hoped for a plug-n-play approach, but that solution is completely doable, and doesn't cripple any of the existing functionality of the radio. I wonder, after reading some reviews on amazon, did you have to buy an antenna adapter or any additional parts for this install?

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
QUOTE (thefunnyman @ Sep 19 2010, 09:28 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=357232
I had hoped for a plug-n-play approach, but that solution is completely doable, and doesn't cripple any of the existing functionality of the radio. I wonder, after reading some reviews on amazon, did you have to buy an antenna adapter or any additional parts for this install?
No additional parts (apart from that 1/8" jack I wanted vs. RCA females) in my 2008 install. The regular antenna and XM "antenna" are separate feeds to the head, and you'll be dropping the unit inline with the regular antenna cable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts