Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2007 Sante Fe had problem this week. Took 6 attempts to start engine, then ran smoothly the rest of the night. The check engine light came on while trying to start vehicle.

Next day I changed the spark plugs but now find that the vehicle jerks when idling. Runs fine when going but jerks and bucks at stop lights and stop signs. Just added fuel injection cleaner to see if that may help situation.

Engine light has come back on again since resetting. I have read several suggestions on internet regarding leak in vacuum line, Coil Pak damage due to faulty hose, even faulty 02 sensor.

Has anyone found an exact case for this problem. Appears that several people have had same issue and are spending hundreds to thousands of dollars on solutions which do not solve problem... thank you

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
My 2007 Sante Fe had problem this week. Took 6 attempts to start engine, then ran smoothly the rest of the night. The check engine light came on while trying to start vehicle.

Next day I changed the spark plugs but now find that the vehicle jerks when idling. Runs fine when going but jerks and bucks at stop lights and stop signs. Just added fuel injection cleaner to see if that may help situation.

Engine light has come back on again since resetting. I have read several suggestions on internet regarding leak in vacuum line, Coil Pak damage due to faulty hose, even faulty 02 sensor.

Has anyone found an exact case for this problem. Appears that several people have had same issue and are spending hundreds to thousands of dollars on solutions which do not solve problem... thank you
First off, you haven't stated engine type. The second is you stated that you have reset the engine light. What is the code you are getting? Hard to troubleshoot without info.

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
+1 to John's comment. Get that vehicle scanned and get back to us, or all of us will just be flying blind here. There are multiple ways of getting to the symptom you are describing, most of them have been addressed here at one time or another, BUT the code(s) will be needed to point you in the right direction. Anything else is just a waste of 'shotgunning' time on this sort of thing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.