Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I have to say that in all my years of wrenching on cars, this one kicked my butt this weekend. I've never had rotors so badly rusted to the hubs as this Santa Fe was. Everything was rusted together, even the wheels were rusted to the rotor hubs and those wheels were removed for new tires a little over a year ago. Anyway, with a lot of banging, heat and cursing, I was able to install a new set of brake pads and rotors on the rear of this beast. Whoever did brakes before me destroyed the heads of machine screws that held the rotors on. I could not remove them no matter what method i.e. impact driver, heat, PB Blaster, etc. I wound up sinking a masonry drill bit into them and backing them out with my drill.

Here's my question. I'm on a Hyundai parts website looking for new machine screws for the rear rotor and they don't show any. They do show ones for the front tho, part # 12203-06167-B. Are they the same screw for front and rear? They looked the same except for the finish on the head, front screws had a black finish, the rear were "stainless."

No one locally has them in stock so I'm stuck ordering. The parts guys at the local dealer are morons, they're telling me it doesn't use them in the rear probably because they're looking at the same diagram I am, but I took them out so I know they were there.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
Are you talking about the single screw that holds the rotor on? I have a few vehicles and can't remember if my Santa Fe had that or not. If that is the screw you are talking about, when I did some research into them it seems they are basically only used for holding the rotor in place during assembly (primarily for the factory). It served no other purpose so you did not need them when installed...it just makes things easier (or way harder if you live in the rust belt like me). If you are talking about something else, disregard that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts