Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have torn the car apart inside and out looking for the flasher/hazard relay EP34, I cant not find it anywhere does someone know where this is hidden? I bought the bible for the car and it is not in the location it says it should be, I have watched 30 different videos and not a single one addresses the relay, I have checked the ICB box from turning on the signal and feeling what is clicking under the dash (when opened it is only a circuit board no relays at all). If I take it to the dealership is 140/hr for them to find and fix this issue and they said it could take around 3 to 4 hours.

Please someone help me find this so I can replace it and get rid of the hyper flashing.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,496 Posts
The MK2 Santa Fe doesn't have a 3 terminal flasher relay. So you can't replace the original relay with an EP34. The flasher relay is an integral part of the ICM, which will have relays inside. Kinda like this ICM from another model...

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The MK2 Santa Fe doesn't have a 3 terminal flasher relay. So you can't replace the original relay with an EP34. The flasher relay is an integral part of the ICM, which will have relays inside. Kinda like this ICM from another model...

View attachment 460089

Thank you for the replay but this doesn't look like the ICM in my car, mine is just a flat circuit board with no sockets relays, or anything on it.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,496 Posts
glgbtf79 said:
mine is just a flat circuit board with no sockets relays, or anything on it.
I'm surprised to hear that. I didn't think they would be using solid state (electronic) relays on a 2007 MY car.
Regardless, what I said earlier still stands...The MK2 Santa Fe doesn't have a 3 terminal flasher relay. So you can't replace the original relay with an EP34.

Well, I suppose technically you can. But you would need to modify the wiring to bypass the circuitry inside the ICM. Fitting load resistors at the lamps might be an easier option.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts