Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have '07 GLS Santa Fe and my passenger side mirror itself has cracked. I found an extra one from a local junk yard and I couldn't figure out how to snap the mirror out. No need to take out the entire assembly.

Any tricks on how to take this out and snap in the new mirror?

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi I recently upgraded my mirrors and had to take out the glass first. The only way I did it was as advised by the company who had a step by step guide. There may be an easier way but mine had to be removed all together and stripped back to pieces.

If its electric and heated be careful not to pull too hard as I nearly damaged the motor. There was little clips behind the glass and onto the round motor. You have to pull quite hard but patience will sort it out. The only way it went in is the only way I found it comes out. Keep your pressure as you pull equal if possible so it does not crack the glass. Hope it sort of helps.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi I recently upgraded my mirrors and had to take out the glass first. The only way I did it was as advised by the company who had a step by step guide. There may be an easier way but mine had to be removed all together and stripped back to pieces.

If its electric and heated be careful not to pull too hard as I nearly damaged the motor. There was little clips behind the glass and onto the round motor. You have to pull quite hard but patience will sort it out. The only way it went in is the only way I found it comes out. Keep your pressure as you pull equal if possible so it does not crack the glass. Hope it sort of helps.
Tried again last night, but still go no...Afraid I am going to crack the motor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts