Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I have a 2007 Santa Fe GLS and the headlights (low beams) went out. We've changed the bulbs and that didn't work. I was told by the dealership over the phone that it's probably not the fuses. Does anyone have any ideas or has been through something similar? We need the car for the weekend! Thanks so much for any help!!!!! ;-)

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
QUOTE (KouklaLau @ Nov 12 2010, 01:44 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=371191
Hi! I have a 2007 Santa Fe GLS and the headlights (low beams) went out. We've changed the bulbs and that didn't work. I was told by the dealership over the phone that it's probably not the fuses. Does anyone have any ideas or has been through something similar? We need the car for the weekend! Thanks so much for any help!!!!! ;-)
Your dealer is probably right. The odds of having either both fuses or both relays go bad concurrently is pretty slim indeed. So we need to focus on what's common to both of the low beams ...

The high beams actually do work when requested? If nothing works there, you've probably lost the ground to the "Multifunction Switch". Just had that happen in the 2009 Dodge van here.

If the high beams do work on demand, the Body Control Module or one of the two switches from the stalk (aka the "Multifunction Switch") or the wiring between them that's associated with your low beams is suspect.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (KouklaLau @ Nov 12 2010, 03:44 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=371191

You sure you put the bulbs in the correct holes ?

Did you remove the lamps from the chassis to a flat work surface where you could see what you were doing ?

Low beams is the lamp on outside of housing, so you generally need to remove lamps from car to see what you is doing.

CM chassis is not known for electrical concerns at all, so I suspect 2 bum bulbs myself.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Head lights stopped working on Santa Fe 2007

Please advise what the issue was as it just happened to my car. Thank you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts