Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe. About a month ago I took the car to get the windows tinted and saw what looked like water drops on the hood. When I went to wipe them off I realized they were bubbles in the paint. I took photos and emailed them to Hyundai Maufacturing plant directly for them to review. I work at HMMA so I was lucky enough to talk with the QA dept. (customer claims) This is the dept. that deals with all customers comlaints about defects with their cars that are made at the dealerships. I took my car to them and they flaked off one of the bubbles and saw rust under the bubble and said that there was no ecoat (primer) on the hood which is what was causing the defect. They checked the systems and realized that the paint color has changed from 2007 to the current units so they could not repaint for me directly but informed to go to the dealership and have them waranty it out. I took it to the dealership and they tried to tell me that it was caused by bird poop and they coulnd't warranty and I was also over the 3yr 36,000 mile warranty. I explained to him that the manufacturing plant knew what caused the defect and they needed to fix it according to them. He said that he would have to get approval from his boss before they would fix anything. I still have not received a call back from them and its been 3 days since I spoke to them. I will pass his name and his bosses name off to HMMA and have them handle these two guys at the dealership for trying to lie to customers.

I know of two people who have 2000 Tiburon and a 2007 Tiburon where the trunk lids on both or fading out and peeling. Both of these are waxed on a regular basis and are experiencing the same problem.

I would recommend to anyone looking at guying a Hyundai to go else where. The headache is not worth the minor features you get. Spend the extra thousand or so and get Toyota, GM, Chevy, Nissan etc.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts