Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
A/C just stopped working on my 2007 Santa Fe 07 AWD 3.3L.

I refilled with regular R134a or with super leak sealer, none would hold for more than an afternoon.

Also went to a shop to get A/C checked out, mechanic refilled refrigerant with dye, no leak was found under the hood.
They used somekind of Freon sniffer and eventually detected that it was the evaporator core under the dashboard that's leaking.

So they quoted a job to replace the evaporator core for about 1.3K, a lot money for an 11 year old car.
I was told that that it is a tedious job that they have to remove the whole dashboard to get access to the evaporator core.

I found on youtube that there are cases at least on other brand / models people tried to replace evaporator or heater core without completely removing the dashboard, started by removing the glove compartment, etc.

Can anyone provide some insight on if it is possible to do this (without removing the whole dashboard) on a 07 Santa Fe?

Any advice will be appreciated, PDF / photos will be even better!

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Remove negative battery cable

Drain coolant

Recover A/C

Remove 2 heat hose and A/C lines from firewall at engine compartment

Remove complete dash and cross bar with HVAC box attached

Replace evaporator core

My shop dont charge enough, and it crappy working inside a car that is cramped, dirty... even worse when them extended 3rd party contracts come into play,, they dont want to pay anything, we have to do it for what they say they will pay us,, which is BS,, it is our shop, you pay my rate, or take a hike,, that the way it should be

1 - 2 of 2 Posts