Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, i been reading to topics here and i see the SF has problems with the rear calipers/brakes sticking, i read what to do to help with that problem and not sure if it is a problem here where i live or not, but.....

My question is:

Other then the rear brakes/calipers, is there anything else i should be aware of when buying a 2007 santa fe?i took it for a test drive and seems that there is nothing to be wrong, runs smooth, quite, idles nicely, gets up and goes when stepped on, and doesn't have a hitch so i assume that it has never towed. it has just over 65,000km's with newer tires, loaded up with options except no tv (kids won't be happy lol). Just wanted to know what i am looking for if i get it.

Thank you.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
HEHEHEHEEE,,,,, get VIN, go to dealer service aisle, and have fella run vIN for warranty info/recalls ---

Look for the Junction block to be replaced (updated part for oddball SRS code), no recalls outstanding, TPS replacement/PCM upgrade (there should be a PCM upgrade claimed for T85 I think it is), 092 brake light switch replacement.

Those above should already be done.. There is more recently released PCM program, likely not done as not a whole lot of people aware of it..

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok another question.....

If I use the oem black steel rims for winter, wouldn't that help towards the rusting as they are pretty much closed in?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so a little update....

I bought the SF. very happy with it, other then i thought it had a 75L tank. I am thinking it is only a 50L tank.

1 other question for you all,

The spry nozels for the windshield wipers, mine only spray maybe 6 inches up.... anyone else in the 2007 range do the same thing? is there a way to get it at least half way up the windshield?
this is really bothering me.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
It is a 75 litre tank... it only seems smaller because the fuel gauge reads Empty long before it is actually empty.

The windshield nozzles are adjustable. Carefully insert a strong needle into the nozzle and bend it around. I say "carefully" because they can be difficult to move, occasionally resulting in self-inflicted stab wounds or scratches.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
QUOTE (Don67 @ Jul 7 2010, 01:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=339576
It is a 75 litre tank... it only seems smaller because the fuel gauge reads Empty long before it is actually empty.

The windshield nozzles are adjustable. Carefully insert a strong needle into the nozzle and bend it around. I say "carefully" because they can be difficult to move, occasionally resulting in self-inflicted stab wounds or scratches.

everytime the light is on it only takes like 45ish Liters to fill it and the km's remaining to empty are --- no numbers.

i will try the needle trick and see how many time i can draw blood before i get it right. Thanks for letting me know this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts