Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://youtu.be/g7mHDaab7OA
Around 2015 my wife took our 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe to our local Hyundai dealership for a recall that was put out on our vehicle’s alternator

After they finished up and gave us the car back, this was the noise it was making. It’s like some type of “whir” or “whining” noise

I should note that this makes this noise even while idling—but is most apparent whilst accelerating. This noise is terribly annoying and out of the ordinary. What could it be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Many alternators will whine. It's not necessarily a sign of a defect but it can be annoying if the one that was replaced didn't make the noise.

·
Registered
882 Posts
There are 2 bearings inside the alternator. I can replace them with tools and puller kit.

you need to return to the stupid dealer and replace it again, Usually dealer's work come with 2 years' warranty

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Finish fill out profile..

1NKL1NG
2007 Santa Fe 3.3L

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
1NKL1NG is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Moving right along.. I will venture is a 3.3L,, as you state you had recall that involved alternator replacement (Left hand cam cover gasket and alternator replace)...

Your video has nothing audible to me.. I will venture again that the whine you hear is a high pitch whir,, sounding like a starving P/S pump.. if yes,, you have the smooth idler pulley adjacent to alternator with bearing noise.. everyday part, Hyundai and Kia dealer should have it,, 25286-3C250 I think it is..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts