Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey so I’m trying to make my accent sound louder but with a deeper tone if that makes sense but I’m not so sure what kind of exhaust muffler to buy. I’ve thought about a cherrybomb but it seems like it’s not the right size. And I was looking for a new exhaust tip, obviously not for sound but for looks, and the stock tip on the accent is oval-ish and angled down. Not so sure what to do.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hey so I’m trying to make my accent sound louder but with a deeper tone if that makes sense but I’m not so sure what kind of exhaust muffler to buy. I’ve thought about a cherrybomb but it seems like it’s not the right size. And I was looking for a new exhaust tip, obviously not for sound but for looks, and the stock tip on the accent is oval-ish and angled down. Not so sure what to do.
Building an exhaust system is not too complex but is so much more in depth than people realise, even professional exhaust builders. Lots of variables change the sound produced by an exhaust.
If deeper sound is what you are looking for you want a very short glass pack muffler, you want it positioned as far away from the motor as possible, and you preferably want no catalytic converter or any obstruction to that muffler.
The total diameter of the glass pack (glass filler amount inside), will determine the deadening level of the muffler. A larger diameter muffler will -db more than a smaller diameter will.
If you want a quieter system as a whole, use a short (I suggest 1 foot length of glass inside so a 1.5 foot total muffler) about 2 feet away from the rear muffler. Replace the rear muffler with a single baffle or some kind of performance baffled muffler like a thrush turbo muffler.

TLDR
Use a short glass pack, 2 feet long max preferably 1 1/4'. Considering the exhaust size is staying stock, I would use a 3.5inch total diameter glasspack. A quick search online and I found this Offset Inlet Outlet 3.5 total diameter 2inch in/out glass pack 1foot 2 inch length center.
For the loudest replace the rear muffler with this and delete catalytic converter.
For less police attention, add a lightly baffled muffler Generic Baffled Muffler (I personally like these) Just after the glasspack, with about 1 foot of exhaust pipe between the two mufflers. Do not butt them up.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
To paraphrase Tom Lehrer:
What you get out of an exhaust system depends on what you put into it.
A little 4 cylinder will never have the deep, rich sound of an 8 or 12 cylinder.
For me, I just don't want to hear what's coming out of 3, 4, 5, 6, 10 cylinder engines.
And yet, 2 cylinder Harley is a different story.

Reactions: rh328

·
Registered
44 Posts
I recommend Magnaflow if you want a deep tone. Flowmaster is a decent brand also and louder than magnaflow. I know 4wheelonline has these mufflers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts