Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '07 Santa Fe GLS has suddenly developed an oil leak (evidence on the garage floor) at 104,000 miles. I have changed the oil every 7,500 miles, usually with a synthetic oil such as Pennzoil Platinum. However, back in October (my last oil change), a syn-blend was used, Kendall GT-1, although not likely a factor contributing to the leak.

Has anyone else experienced this with their Santa Fe. What is best course of action moving forward?

Thanks in advance for the advice,
Ryan

·
Registered
149 Posts
Did you check to see if it is something as simple as the drain plug leaking or the crush washer on the drain plug? Also would check around the oil filter to see if you can see any obvious leaks around there.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
2007 CM chassis..... which engine ? 2.7L or the 3.3L,, each has it' own quirks

Where is the oil leak coming from ?

What is relative position of mess on floor in relation to vehicle ?? Passenger side, driver side, how far back in relation to engine placement/front axle line ?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Look at the engine oil drain plug/pan for drop of oil forming at drain plug ??

Somebody change oil and not replace the ring at drain plug with new part ?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
you'll have to find the source of that oil. saying passenger side could be oil pan, filter, front main seal, cam cover, or the plug as sbr suggests

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
My '07 Santa Fe GLS has suddenly developed an oil leak (evidence on the garage floor) at 104,000 miles. I have changed the oil every 7,500 miles, usually with a synthetic oil such as Pennzoil Platinum. However, back in October (my last oil change), a syn-blend was used, Kendall GT-1, although not likely a factor contributing to the leak.

Has anyone else experienced this with their Santa Fe. What is best course of action moving forward?

Thanks in advance for the advice,
Ryan
Any chance you have a 4wd? If yes, give a little of that oil a sniff test. If it's from the transfer case, it will have a much different smell than regular engine oil.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts