Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to change the color of the gauge cluster away from the green, does anyone have any ideas or have done this already. My other thought was to get a 2009 gauge cluster and swap them, they look like they match up, but is it possible is the better question.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
im pretty sure that you cannot do a straight swap with the 2009 cluster.. they are slightly different..

a few here have pulled apart their gauge clusters and replaced the LED's behind them.. that is about the only way to do it.. unless you have knowledge of soldering and a VERY steady hand and are generally handy with tools and small pieces, there are people out there who will actually do it FOR you, but they may be hard to find..

i thought about it a while ago, realized it just wasnt worth the hassle.. not to mention you will be without your car for as long as it is being done (you cant exactly drive it without your gauges)

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I drove KC whilst her gauges were being "blued." I played the fillups by ear and used my GPS as a speedometer.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Just think if it was blue stock people would change it so it was green.
:grin: I like Ford green but I hate the pea-soup green US Sonatas used to come with. It made me think Linda Blair had been driving.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts