Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have some confusion. I have a 2007 entourage for about a year, and today I was driving after the fuel light came on for about 30 miles because I had an appointment I was running late for. I then got gas and filled up with 17.911 US gallons. My owners manual says it is 21.1 US Gallons 17.6 imperial gallons, and everywhere I look online says the same. I am in the US so I think I should have been closer to 21 gallons being that I drove that far after the light came on. Surely I don’t have like 4 gallons after the light comes on, do I?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hello, I have some confusion. I have a 2007 entourage for about a year, and today I was driving after the fuel light came on for about 30 miles because I had an appointment I was running late for. I then got gas and filled up with 17.911 US gallons. My owners manual says it is 21.1 US Gallons 17.6 imperial gallons, and everywhere I look online says the same. I am in the US so I think I should have been closer to 21 gallons being that I drove that far after the light came on. Surely I don’t have like 4 gallons after the light comes on, do I?
With our 2007 Entourage, I've refilled a handful of times over the years after the gauge had been below Empty for quite a stretch. My largest fill-up those times has been 19.54 US gallons. It wouldn't surprise me if the overall capacity is 21.1 US gallons; the gauge and low-fuel warning light do seem to be designed with an extreme level of built-in caution. I've thought a number of times about running it all the way to truly empty to find out for sure the overall capacity, but I've never acted on those thoughts. I don't get stressed when the low fuel light comes on, though; I know I still have a fair amount of driving distance left.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I've noticed the same thing. I can go a long, long way after the low fuel light comes on and still get only 19 gallons into the tank at fill up time. I saw that 21 gallon number in the owners manual and simply don't believe it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts