Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I am still waiting patiently for the insurance response about this. I got rear ended last weekend.
I just have a pic from my phone, sorry.

The trunk is very damaged, it popped a tire, the side panels/back doors are a bit also.
And the impact was so strong that somehow it jammed the car all the way that the driver side door wouldn't open,
do you think they will total? Considering the value according to KBB is about $8500 minus hail damage through out the whole car :(

·
Registered
57 Posts
Oh boy...

you are the second one rear ended this week...

This makes me a little nervous...........................................

Check this link out dude, http://www.hyundai-forums.com/t54201-my-20...ra-got-hit-.htm

The hit is very similar, but i can tell, yours is far more serious....

Might be a total.....

The good thing about this..... is not your fault... soo all the power to you bro... take the S O B to court... u might end up very compensated!

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Ahhhh.... my neck, my neck.... quick call the lawyer!

Car is totaled if the insurance adjuster says so. My guess is that it is.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.

Yeah, the pic doesnt do justice, the car looks way worst in real life, plus with the door being jammed and not opening....
it's a 2007 and I think worth about 8k-8500k, but there's hail damage allover, which knocks down about 2k, so my guess is that the
cost to repair all would cost more than 6k right???

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (jsinton @ Oct 20 2010, 06:13 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=364771
Ahhhh.... my neck, my neck.... quick call the lawyer!

Car is totaled if the insurance adjuster says so. My guess is that it is.
LOL, you are funny. Crazy thing is I am not sore at all, BUT, I am pregnant (Im a girl, my husband was driving), so we did get some extra ultrasound for free, and whatever medical issues (hopefully none!!) I should have ;)

I am actually hoping they'll total, we'll be a bit upside down but we need a bigger car with the baby coming. Thinking a Tucson

·
Registered
57 Posts
Lol...

Well if that is not an issue......
Thats the thing about rear end damages... they are always way far more serious than what you think..... and what we never think as drivers is that the cars are designed to take frontal impacts.......

now days they are getting better on side impacts too... but that is until now...

If your car is free and clear of liens.... then I would be hoping is totaled too... GET THE SANTA FE... or the Veracruz... those cars are BEAUTIFUL

·
Registered
16 Posts
That is a real bummer, but on the bright side it sounds like you are fine which is the most important thing. The car did exactly what it was supposed to though... by crumpling it absorbed the impact and kept you, your husband and unborn baby safe.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, we are glad to be safe, but it is taking foreeever for them to give was an update on the car, sooo annoying.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thats true....

The most important is that you are safe!

By any chance... would you consider selling the left (driver side) mirror?

I know who needs one..... :)

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
****, dude!!! Glad you're okay. That looks like a write-off to me but what do I know...I'm not an insurance adjuster. :whistling:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone. As right now I am still waiting and getting VERY p*ssed at th Insurance Co, they are dragging. The adjuster hasn't even looked at my car as of last night!!!!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
So... what is next?

Do you have to get rid of the car?

I am still looking for the driver side mirror :)

The one in my car was replaced by a generic one :S it looks ugly! I guess the previous owner did it..... I just need the glass....

Would you be interested on selling it?

I need as well the remote entry control :) If your willing to sell them I need to buy them.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts