Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replacing the cabin filter in my '07. The airflow is TO the blower which is below the filter so the airflow arrow(s) should be pointing down, correct? And does it really matter? I'll do it right but looking at the filter it doesn't seem to be any different top or bottom.

·
Registered
538 Posts
If the arrow is indeedy 'air flow' and not 'up' you should be good. From memory in mine the filter media is slightly different there being a coarser weave on the down stream side possibly to support the filter slightly. All good.

·
Premium Member
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did both cabin and engin air filters the other day. I expected, since I do a lot of dirt road driving, that both would at least be somewhat grungy. The old cabin filter had a few bugs and a light coating of dust. The engine air filter however looked brand new. I probably could go two years plus on each (really didn't put a lot of mileage on it this past year) but at around $15 for both it wasn't really a budget buster.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Flow direction typically only matters with a multi-element filter- some cabin filters have a second stage with carbon for odor control. This should be after the first stage, the paper particulate filter.

If your filters just have the one paper pleat then it won't matter.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
All filters have an arrow on the side. Hyundai OEM has an arrow. Replace filter same direction. This is covered in my air engine, fuel air filter and incab filter replacement video. Info stocked at the top of this form. Easy to replace. I also show you how to remove the blower motor to vacuum loose debris that falls into the white fins on the blower motor. Sometimes after a long time you start hearing weird noises in your vents. Could be chipmunks jk lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
ikilledbarbie
Hyundai Forums
Hyundai Forum is a community for all Hyundai Owners to talk and learn all about their favorite subject: Hyundai cars from the Sonata to the Elantra and even the new Kona!
Full Forum Listing