Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 santa fe and the blower started acting weird this week. Sometimes when I start the car it wont work at all. Other times it will work fine.
Like today I started the car wouldnt cut on so i left it on high. As I was driving down the road it just kicked on and started work just fine.

I did some searching and couldnt find any info. Maybe the Switch needs to be replaced? or the actual control in the dash board?
Does anyone know whats up? I checked the fuses and they all look fine.

Thanks for the help
Semp

·
Registered
947 Posts
What model, GLS, Limited, etc (I dunno if higher end models use automatic speed control for the fan)? If it's like my GLS, I have a rotary knob for the fan speed control. Usually little/no speeds = the resistor board for fan speed control is shot. Thing is, you are usually just left with high speed if the speed control board is bad. Hyundai call this device a "Power mosfet". You're saying you sometimes don't even have high speed. Maybe check all the connections you can get at first.

Joel

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its a GSL I have the rotary knob also. When I start the car there is just no Fan. Sometimes im lucky and I start the car and the fan works fine. It doesnt get stuck at high speed or low speed. just doesnt cut on. I dont think its stuck at low setting because i cant feel air coming out of vents.

The Connections your talking about getting to thats under the car on the passenger side of the car? Just wiggle those connections?

·
Registered
947 Posts
May as well try the 'button push' thing, even if we don't know if it worked for that poster or not. In regards to electrical connections, they could be behind the control panel where all the HVAC controls are, or the ones going directly to the "power mosfet". All of that will be on the pass side, up under the dash. The mosfet would be mounted into a hole in the bottom of the plenum. They are typically mounted this way so air blows across them keeping them cool.

Joel

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Fan switches seem to be the Achilles' Heel of the Santa Fe line and what you're describing is textbook switch failure. They were (and still are) notorious for failure on the first gen and it seems the problem has continued with the CM body. Have the fan switch replaced and I think your problems will stop.

·
Registered
947 Posts
It's probably due to me being a know-nothing boob, but I can't find the 'manual' HVAC controller anywhere on hmaservice (to get an idea how to r/r this switch). All I can find for the CM's is this auto climate control cluster:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well for some reason ever since I posted on this forum, the fan has been working fine. But I have a feeling its going to go out eventually.

I called a few part shops to get a price on the fan switch. None of the part stores could find the part. Does anyone know that part# or the actually part Name I would need when this actually goes out?

thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts