Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

New here to the forums, we purchased a 1 owner 07 Azera Limited about 2 years ago, only needed tires and a seal on the back of moon roof which wasn't a big deal. It has 77k on it; aside from the radio knob being possessed, the car runs great and very impressed overall.

Has anyone ever done a recharge / small top off on the AC? I've done it with my other vehicles and no issues, this one seems a little different, if I put about 40psi of refridgerant (in the safe zone), then REV the engine SLOWLY, the car will increase the PSI as the RPM increases and in turn start to automatically release refrigerant (loud hiss).

Yet when I take it down to mid 30's, as the RPM increase, the PSI of AC refrigerant will decrease; at about 2k-2,500RPM it will come down to the border of "low side"; I've read elsewhere that as the RPM increase the PSI will decrease to about 20 and 15-20 is an ok place to be. However, not fully trusting what I was reading, I wanted to come to the experts. This has been an incredibly valuable and informational site, so happy to hear about the longevity people are getting from the Azera.

Living in Phoenix, AC is a little important :)

Anyways, has anyone else done this and what has your experience been?

I appreciate any info you may have..

Thanks!

Eric

·
Banned
7,036 Posts
Over charged.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts