Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been told my cat is failing via a mate with an obd reader. He said 'secondary'. What does this mean and where can I get one and what does it look like? Is mine (manual) a 64kw model?
Cheers guys.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,303 Posts
I've been told my cat is failing via a mate with an obd reader.
Is your mate a qualified vehicle technician? What has his OBD reader told him that makes him think your cat is failing?
Is there more to the story that you'd like to share? Like what prompted yer mate to plug his reader into your car in the first place?

jeffds said:
He said 'secondary'. What does this mean
What did your mate tell you it meant? If he doesn't know when he's the one that said it how do you expect us to know what he's talking about.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He is my grandson. He is a qualified mechanic. He borrowed the car. He got an ABS problem (I'll talk about this later) while driving. He did the check obd test and found nothing but a cat warning. He reset it. He mumbled something when he returned the car. He is 21 with an attitude.
You seem to have one too!!!
Can you help me or not?

·
Registered
6,569 Posts
He is my grandson. He is a qualified mechanic. He borrowed the car. He got an ABS problem (I'll talk about this later) while driving. He did the check obd test and found nothing but a cat warning. He reset it. He mumbled something when he returned the car. He is 21 with an attitude.
You seem to have one too!!!
Can you help me or not?
It would seem you are the one with an attitude.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Well sorry lads. I guess that came over a bit blunt!! It was just the inquisition after my first ever post on here. I'm not used to problems and thought it was a fair question :)
Is there a secondary cat on these?
Guess I'll have to go elsewhere now seeing I've upset the gurus:(

·
Registered
6,569 Posts
Well sorry lads. I guess that came over a bit blunt!! It was just the inquisition after my first ever post on here. I'm not used to problems and thought it was a fair question :)
Is there a secondary cat on these?
Guess I'll have to elsewhere now seeing I've upset the gurus:(
Hey. You don't need to go. This form of medium is terrible for communication. I have been misunderstood to the fullest extent. Much of that had to do with me not realizing how my WRITTEN words were so far from what I was trying to say. I still struggle with it an I've been doing this for a couple years now. I think I'm getting better.
@AUTOSPARK Am I getting any better or is my mind playing tricks on me?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts