Hyundai Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
jbryan, I got mine to go off finally! Ended up having to buy ocv and cam sensor that were oem straight from the dealer. Not the cheap china knockoffs they say are genuine in ebay but happened to be "open" and just have the oem wrapper with them. The first time i put the new cam sensor on it misfired and would barely even run, then i did the ocv and the cam sensor with it and it worked like a charm, P0016 all gone now! Now after all that, every morning it has started misfiring until its warm when it never did it before. :facepalm: .....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks! I am planning to get my scope hooked up to it this weekend, weather permitting.
As I noted, the Oil Control Valve, its' connector, and Cam Position are all OEM new.
But certainly appreciate your and the forums help!

Because I'm nice I uploaded this hma part to my server for you. here is advanced testing for your problem. Please take this info to your mechanic if they need to know the testing procedures for this vehicle.

Suspect OCV,OCV passage....but can be wiring issue due to corrosion. If you need the ecm wiring just ask and then you can probe form the computer to the sensors.

P0016

please use internet explorer to open the pop3.htm file to view the testing.

have a good day

·
Registered
4 Posts
"Originally Posted by ikilledbarbie View Post
Because I'm nice I uploaded this hma part to my server for you. here is advanced testing for your problem. Please take this info to your mechanic if they need to know the testing procedures for this vehicle.

Suspect OCV,OCV passage....but can be wiring issue due to corrosion. If you need the ecm wiring just ask and then you can probe form the computer to the sensors.

P0016

have a good day"

The schematic gif file is missing from that data. Would you have it? Thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I need up removing the cams and cleaned the oil passages to the OCV fluid train. No fix...

Replaced the oil pump assembly, all good now. Not sure about exactly what the real issue was but thanks to the forum I started at the say and finished at the hard. All good now and I'm seeking help with my OCD about things :rolleyes:

But thank you the forum's help for this trouble finding adventure

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
"Originally Posted by ikilledbarbie View Post

P0016

have a good day"

The schematic gif file is missing from that data. Would you have it? Thanks.

Here is the detailed wire diagrams to the sensors. There is more info in here for all sensors. And the pinouts. So this can be used to check cam ,crank,and many other items for voltages and wire breaks to the ecm from each sensor to rule out wiring.
Here is the link. Sorry I do not own this car anymore but hope you find your problems.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts