Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey people! New member here!:)

So I'll cut right to the chase. I got this car 2 months ago and it had the check engine on constantly. I quickly noticed that the car had an idle problem. The car would idle a bit low at around 600 and it would oddly shake and after becoming well warmed-up, it would drop sometimes to 500 and would even die on me (rarely).

So before getting my scanner from ebay, I decided to go ahead and change the spark plugs, my oil and inspect for vacuum leaks (without luck):confused:.

Then I got the scanner, which gave me the following 3 codes:

1. N/A
2. P0170
3. P2191 P

Now I know these codes are related to fuel trim problem and system too lean at high load (which is usually related to the mass air flow sensor).

So fast forward to today, it died again on me as I was making a turn on a street, so I decided to buy a can of MAF cleaner and drown the damned sensor in it :p. I also cleaned the best I could the throttle valve (without throttle cleaner :/ ) and I re-inspected for vacuum leaks by doing the blow torch gas test (without luck).

Of course this hasn't fixed my problem, so now I am left with upper O2 sensor and/or MAF sensor replacement, as well as praying.

Any other ideas or input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!! :D :beer:

·
Registered
548 Posts
do you have the stock air filter? Any cracks in the air intake hose? all the clamps tight on it?

Air is getting in where it shouldn't be and must be before it reaches intake on motor or at it like intake gasket....or if using an aftermarket air filter

1 - 2 of 2 Posts