Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all, I have bought my santa fe at June it was 103k km. I went to a trip which was approximatley 200km long, when i was decelerating the engine stoped at 60km/h, i changed the gear neutral immediately, and tried to ignition to start the engine but i couldnt.
after 10min i was able to start again without having a error code. I went to dealership but they didnt find any faulth.
It was fine, for 6000km, since last week.
I was slowing down to stop at red light, it happened again. And i cannot able to start the engine for 15 minutes. No error code appeared again.
do you know why this happen? Is there someone knows how to fix this problem?
This is our familiy car, i love santa fe and i dont want to sell it. But this is a serious safety problem.
Please advice.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Check the operation of EGR valve, if valve is in throughout open state, you may experience similar issue. GLS model does not have sensor to generate EGR malfunction error code. Also check fuel filter. Fuel filter replacement interval depend on the quality of your country diesel, so it's up to you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
after the first stall i ve changed the fuel filter. Now im going to make the EGR cleaned,
change fuel pump in tank and also crank shaft sensor. But they all seems okay. I will try, however this will cost lots of money. I afraid that maybe these changes would not the stall result.

·
Registered
65 Posts
EGR is only one check point out of many. but may have more possibility towards sudden engine stop in operating temperature. I have had similar stall wheel (2 times )in traffic due to blocked egr. I've done 30K+ Kms, no stall after cleaning the valve, So better check before touch other complicated things

1 - 8 of 8 Posts