Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm looking to swap some folding mirrors onto my mom's car to replace the broken stock non-folding units. I was looking at an ad on eBay for some power folding units that say that they only work on Transform Sonatas. My understanding is that they all mount the same.

So my questions are:
1) Do all the NF mirrors mount the same?
2) Does anyone here have experience with the mirrors in the link below?
3) Does anyone have a source on manual folding mirrors? I'd actually prefer those since it is one less thing to go wrong in the future. Plus, I have the impression that power folders would be more likely to break if they hit something than manual units. They'd also be cheaper to replace.

www ebay com/itm/L-R-LED-Side-Mirror-Assembly-For-09-10-Hyundai-Sonata/170651481321

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks camper, but she wants folding mirrors, so she'll get them one way or another. Besides, it's not really my place to tell her how to spend her dime on her car as long as she understands the pros and cons of her spending. USDM mirrors are a dime a dozen too, so I already know where and how to get them if I have to.

Autospark, IDK if you actually looked at that item, but that's obviously not a folding unit as there's no hinge, that's a standard USDM fixed mirror. Thank you anyway though.

Anyway, I've read old threads and posts about manual folding mirrors in pairs for ~$150 from different importers. $150-(40*2)=$70 extra for folding mirrors like she wants? Not bad at all if I could find em tbh. It's certainly better than the cost of these power mirrors anyway, hence why I want those. I'd probably have to color match junkyard parts as well anyway, so that cost is already figured in.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,953 Posts
Autospark, IDK if you actually looked at that item, but that's obviously not a folding unit as there's no hinge.
Sorry, I never looked too closely. I just assumed it would fold because I've never seen a door mirror that doesn't manually fold before. Well, not on any car made in this century anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts