Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
My 2006 Tucson 2.0l started to act strangely this winter. The boot lights are not working when the boot door/window is opened. Also if I unlock the car and only open the boot the car will lock itself again. I already checked all the switches in the 2 latches (window and door) and both are working. I also measured the voltage on the green/black wire with door/window closed (12 V) and open (0 V).
The light above the back seat works in the on position but not the door position. Seems that the green/black wire goes to dash console first and another wire connected to the boot lamps is set to ground when the green/black one is set to ground when the boot door/window is opened.

Any ideas? Has anyone the wiring diagram of the boot switches?

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Hi,
My 2006 Tucson 2.0l started to act strangely this winter. The boot lights are not working when the boot door/window is opened. Also if I unlock the car and only open the boot the car will lock itself again. I already checked all the switches in the 2 latches (window and door) and both are working. I also measured the voltage on the green/black wire with door/window closed (12 V) and open (0 V).
The light above the back seat works in the on position but not the door position. Seems that the green/black wire goes to dash console first and another wire connected to the boot lamps is set to ground when the green/black one is set to ground when the boot door/window is opened.

Any ideas? Has anyone the wiring diagram of the boot switches?

Thanks in advance!
Tail Gate Lamps schematic diagram attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot for the diagram.
Can you send me also the PHOTOS 55, 67 and 98 which are mentioned in the diagram?
I want to check the wires in the connectors and the diode, but I have to locate them first. :)

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just in case someone still has the same issue, I've managed to find/fix my problem.
The culprit was the diode Z06. I took it out and measured it ... was not conducting in any direction.
I don't know how with this defect the boot light was working OK all the time during summer and from time to time during winter.
Replaced the diode with a good one and everything is back to normal.
I hope this will help someone too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts