Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My water pump started leaking and so we changed the water pump and the timing belt, even went back in again to make sure the timing belt was set right because afterwards the code P0340 happened. So we changed out the Cam Shaft Position Sensor and that didn't clear out the code at all. Now going to change the Crankshaft sensor today. All that was wrong with this car was the water pump needed replaced as it ran great other than that. I have no idea what the heck is wrong with this thing. I bought it 4 weeks ago and only got to drive it a week before the pump started leaking. Is there something special other than lining up the timing belt that we need to re-do? To me, why are the rest of these things needing to be changed out now when it was just the water pump? Help please

·
Registered
1 Posts
My water pump started leaking and so we changed the water pump and the timing belt, even went back in again to make sure the timing belt was set right because afterwards the code P0340 happened. So we changed out the Cam Shaft Position Sensor and that didn't clear out the code at all. Now going to change the Crankshaft sensor today. All that was wrong with this car was the water pump needed replaced as it ran great other than that. I have no idea what the heck is wrong with this thing. I bought it 4 weeks ago and only got to drive it a week before the pump started leaking. Is there something special other than lining up the timing belt that we need to re-do? To me, why are the rest of these things needing to be changed out now when it was just the water pump? Help please
I need to change my cam senser but can't get anything in there to do it because the stud and nut behind it don't leave room. How did u get it

1 - 2 of 2 Posts