Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Tucson 2.0 CRDi - that has developed a nasty habit of not starting (without quick start spray!) but generally runs fine once started. I have however also had a few complete engine cut outs whilst driving - followed by the no start issue.

Its still an ok car and has now clocked up 130k miles and I want to keep it going for a while yet.

I have bought an OBD reader (to successfully reset a latched airbag light) and managed to find a few engine codes:

P0336 Crankshaft position sensor A circuit range/performance

P1300 Crankshaft position-Camshaft position correlation

P0100 Mass or Volume air flow circuit

From the above fault messages, would you suggest a faulty crank shaft sensor?

If that is faulty, I presume that the ECU would not 'see' any engine rotation during start and would therefore not turn on the injectors?

Does the ECU have a backup mode to keep the engine running without that crank shaft signal? I am just trying to understand the intermittent starts and why it runs at all once kicked into life with quickstart spray! (which I don't like using)

Would you change the camshaft sensor and the mass air flow sensor as well as the crank sensor?

Does anybody know where I can get a copy of the workshop manual for this car/engine?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,277 Posts
I have a 2006 Tucson 2.0 CRDi - that has developed a nasty habit of not starting (without quick start spray!)
This is often a symptom of a fuel leak, usually caused by an injector fault.

PhilS said:
but generally runs fine once started. I have however also had a few complete engine cut outs whilst driving - followed by the no start issue.
This is often a symptom of a failing crank position sensor. It's not uncommon for Hyundai crank sensors to fail when they get hot then start to work again when they cool down. That can cause the engine to cut out while your driving and not immediately restart, but it will restart after the engine (and sensor) has cooled down.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply Autospark.

I guess I should change the crank sensor as a first action? Not easy to get to I believe?

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,277 Posts
Yeah, I think that would be a sensible first step. The sensor is at the back of the engine on your car. See below.....

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts