Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My technician just told me that the reason I have no electrical power at the fuel door actuator is because “the module” is bad. He tells me that it’s a multi-function module and (a new or used one) would need to be programmed by a Hyundai dealer. I cant find any info online on this module. Honestly, I wonder if it’s a relay.

Anyway, has anyone heard of this unique module or where it’s located?

·
Registered
12,635 Posts
My technician just told me that the reason I have no electrical power at the fuel door actuator is because “the module” is bad.
I think your "technician" is talking B/S. No power to the actuator is more likely to be a faulty switch or broken wire. I doubt there would be any module involved on a 2006 model, which is probably why you can't find any info about it online.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I’ve continued to research this after my post, and I talked directly to the tech. As it turns out, these cars have a ‘Body Control Module’ that is a central kind of relay for everything electrical on the body of the car... like sunroof, mirrors, windows, door locks and the fuel door actuator. I actually think this could be the problem. I’ve bought a used one (new are over $300) and I’m going to have a Hyundai dealer “flash” it to my exact car. I’m really hoping this works because opening the trunk to pull on the chord is getting old.

Thanks for your reply.

I think your "technician" is talking B/S. No power to the actuator is more likely to be a faulty switch or broken wire. I doubt there would be any module involved on a 2006 model, which is probably why you can't find any info about it online.

·
Registered
12,635 Posts
I had a wee job on today that required my diagnostic laptop. So while I had it fired up I grabbed the NF Sonata fuel door release circuit diagram for you. I don't see any connection to the body control module though. The BCM is part of the trunk release but has no part in the fuel door circuit, according to the diagram.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts