Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2006 Sonata V4 with 106k miles on it 2 days ago from a dealer and everything worked fine. When I got out of school yesterday the speedometer would stay at 0 and the fuel gauge has been fluctuating a bit. Also the odometer is no longer working. Shortly after this the ECS and ABS lights came on. I've read that this could be the speedo sensor but not sure. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Could be speed sensor or one of several transmission sensors. A code reader should tell you what is messed up. If you don't have one, most auto parts stores will read codes for free.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have experienced the same problem, but my car is not under warranty.
Speedometer & odometer stopped working. Fuel gauge is fluctuating. No issue with ECS light or ABS light, yet. I do not get any codes from ODBII port. Car runs and shift fine. I took a stab at the problem and replaced the vehicle speed sensor / gear/shaft. This did not fix the problem. Looking for any other suggestions.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Maybe problem is at the actual speedo. They have cheap ebay ones you could hook up to your car and try to see if problem is there.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Take back to dealer,, assuming "dealer" is Hyundai,, and they need to do a complete fault code search of all the modules.. OBD-II only serves engine/trans control,,, does nothing for ABS-ESC, SRS, TPMS, etc....

Reactions: stas3000

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had same problem. Replaced cluster. Still there. Frustrated, because I could read the speed on my TORQUE android app. Scanned it one more time, and weird of weird, the **** thing started working. I have no idea what fixed it, but put the original cluster back in, and it is working great for a long time now.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Has anyone found the fix for this yet? I having the same problem as well after I was supposed to have a oil cooler leak fixed.... :( go figure..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts