Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When trying to roll-up the driver side window this morning, I heard a grinding noise from inside the door and the window would not roll-up. It makes a noise if you try and go up or down but the window never moves. I removed the door panel without issue. I am having an issue getting the next plating off (regulator?). I have removed all of the brass looking bolts, door handle (inside and outside), took the 3 screws out of the side of the door where door closes. The entire piece moves but i cannot get it to come off. When looking at the door from the drivers seat, the upper left corner is where it seems to be stuck (where the inside door handle cables go through). I can take pics if needed. I'm just looking for some help on how to get this piece off so i can get to the window inside of the door. We plan on getting a new vehicle in a month or two so even if I could just get the window to stay up, that would work.

Thanks in advance,
Brad

·
Registered
61 Posts
:00000732: to Hyundai Forums!

It's likely the window regulator.

It was replaced in my '07 Sonata the summer before last - drivers door. Today, the same part was replaced in the passenger side front door. I heard a crunching sound coming from inside that door yesterday morning while lowering the window.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
You need to remove the panel and latch/actuator and exterior handle as an assembly..

I just replaced driver front latch-actuator this morning..

You have to seperate glass from lift tabs, lift glass up and use masking tape over top of window frame to tape inside and outside of glass to hold it up out of way.

Remove 3 latch screws, and exterior door handle, then unscrew plastic handle frame from outside of door..

Now you can remove the panel as a complete assembly (big pointy wire harness support near speaker that you have to release) and push into door to allow some harness slop to wiggle panel off.. unclamp a few wire clamps too to allow some more movement.

The regulator tracks overlap the door frame opening, so you need to lift and twist and pull panel forward and out (mix of motions).. look in witih good light and you see rials hook into door..

I give you an hr to do the job.. Hyundai warranty time is 54 minutes that they'll pay for

I do them and not give a hoot, they gravy ticket.. we get more as customer pay..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you very much for the speedy replies. I will try this morning. I think I may have been missing the "unscrew plastic handle frame from outside the door" part...

-Brad

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Here is a rear door, this will show what basically needs to happen -

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts