Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday I finally got around to installing a new head unit into my sonata. I picked up the Dual XDCP97BT for $175 (a steal iMO) and also got the scosche HY05B harness connector to go with it. Everything was fairly straightforward and went together very easily but when I went to test everything out I only occasionally got audio playback. I was streaming music from my phone and every time I turned on the key it would work fine but after about 15-20 seconds I would lose all audio. Based on what I read I'm assuming this has something to do with the factory amp not receiving voltage. The only confusing part for me is that I made sure I connected the blue/white wire from the scosche harness (verified this leads to the pin for the factory amp +) to (from HU harness) blue/black (remote turn on) with no luck. I'm all out of ideas here so if anybody has a suggestion I'd love to hear it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I hate to tell you this but the Dual brand is crap. See if you can take it back and get a name brand, pioneer, kenwood, etc. The Dual is made so cheap they don't do much very well.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Dual or any of those cheap Chinese head units i would stay away from like the plague. There is ZERO quality control, support or warranty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts