1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do i go about fixing this

Causes
Possible causes of OBD code P0450
- The EVAP control system pressure sensor circuit is open or shorted - Rubber hose to EVAP control system pressure is clogged, vent, kinked, disconnected or improper connection. - EVAP control system pressure sensor may be faulty - EVAP The Error code is generally activated on detection of the following conditions: - An improper voltage signal from EVAP control system pressure sensor is sent to ECM.

Possible Solutions
- Replaced EVAP Control System Pressure Sensor

Where is the Pressure sensor located even

350 Posts
Not 100% sure but I think that's the one on the firewall- a bit behind and below the intake manifold.

Has it been very cold there? sometimes you just get some water condensation in that line, then it freezes and blocks flow. Once the car has been warm & dry for a bit it all works again without replacing anything.

350 Posts
(at least) one of the lines involved extends to the fuel tank. If it is a frozen plug in the line, it could be too far away for engine heat to help.

I've troubleshot this error on other cars but not on an accent. Hopefully somebody with more direct experience will pipe up.

The pressure sensor itself could be faulty- the error is nonspecific in that regard.

You might consider buying a short subscription to the Hyundai Motors service database and following their procedure- with benefit of their drawings and specific test procedure details.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts